Keynote opening lecture:
Olga Lavrik (Russia) - "The relevance of studying DNA damage and DNA repair"
- Nutrition, Dietetics & Nutrigenomics
- Goran Gajski (Croatia): “Does a vegetarian diet influence genomic stability? Analysis of health-related biomarkers in vegetarians versus omnivores”
- Lisa Giovanelli (Italy): "Dietary intervention with polyphenols and colon health biomarkers: focus on colon cancer chemoprevention".
- Non-communicable diseases
- Tahereh Setayesh (Austria): "Impact of Weight Loss Strategies on Obesity Induced DNA Instability in Obese Mice"
- The various application of the comet assay (e.g. DNA methylation, FISH, non-invasive samples, etc.)
- Bevin P. Engelward (USA): "The Development and Validation of EpiComet-Chip"
- Ecotoxicology & Environmental biomonitoring
- Human Biomonitoring
- Carla Costa (Portugal):”NEOGENE project: DNA damage in umbilical cord blood after in utero exposure to tobacco smoke”
- Elisa Boutet-Robinet (France): “Genotoxicity and lipids oxidative damage after occupational pesticides exposure”
- Nanotoxicology and genotoxicity testing
- Round table discussion on the comet assay in regulatory testing and OECD approval
- Open discussion session on "Tips, Tricks & Troubelshooting"
- Peter Moller (Denmark): "Why analyzing assay controls is not just a waste of time in the comet assay”
- Roger Godschalk (The Netherlands): "Comparison of various alternative scoring methods"